Posted on May 22nd, 2020 in PTCB
Are you taking your Pharmacy Technician Test Soon? Study with these FREE PTCB Practice Questions, and pass your PTCB with flying colors!
Your Pharmacy Technician Exam (PTCB or ExCPT) will determine whether you can be licensed as a Pharmacy Technician. In addition to these practice questions, consider downloading our PTCB Study Guide & Practice Exam.
1. A PRN order is an order for a medication that is used on a(n) ________ basis in a hospital.
2. How many refills are allowed on CIII drugs?
3. Which of the following is used to report medication quality problems?
a. FDA Form 79
b. DEA Form 222
c. MedWatch Form
d. Shipment receipt
4. A 60 day supply for a prescription for Colace 100 mg capsule taken bid should be filled with ______.
a. 30 capsules
b. 60 capsules
c. 120 capsules
d. 180 capsules
5. Pharmacy technicians can refer to the _ Book to find out of if two drugs are equivalent.
6. What is the nature of a drug idiosyncrasy?
a. It is an unexpected response to medication.
b. It is an expected response to medication.
c. It is a planned response to medication.
d. It is a unique response to medication.
7. Which of the following defines a solvent?
a. The solution
b. The active ingredient
c. The solution plus a solute
d. The larger part of a solution
8. A physician order for a 120 mg dose of Gentamycin 40mg/mL should be filled with __ of Gentamycin.
a. 80 mL
b. 5 mL
c. 3 mL
d. 60 mL
9. Before, after, and throughout each shift, pharmacy technicians should wash their hands with an anti-microbial agent for at least _.
a. 10 seconds
b. 30 seconds
c. 60 seconds
d. 120 seconds
10. There are __ ounces (oz.) in a pound (lb).
11. Epilepsy is caused by excessive __ activity within the brain.
c. blood flow
12. Augmentin suspension should be and it will last for __ days.
a. stored at room temperature, 30
b. stored at room temperature, 14
c. refrigerated, 10
d. refrigerated, 7
13. Which age ranges defines a neonate?
a. Birth to 1 month
b. 1 month to 1 year
c. 1 year to 5 years
d. 6 years to 12 years
14. While working in a pharmacy, a technician can locate storage requirements for a particular drug in which resource?
a. Taber’s Medical Dictionary
b. Davis’ Drug Guide
c. United States Pharmacopeia and National Formulary
d. Manufacturer invoice
15. The seven rights of medication include all of the following EXCEPT_______________.
16. A patient asks a pharmacy technician if it is okay to drink grapefruit juice every day while taking a Coumadin. A pharmacy technician should _.
a. tell the patient that grapefruit is contraindicated while taking Coumadin.
b. tell the patient that grapefruit is ok.
c. refer the patient to a pharmacist.
d. tell the patient to call his doctor.
17. After administering a drug, the time when the body first starts to respond to the medication is called:
b. Peak plasma level
c. Onset of action
d. Drug half-life
18. What should countertops in I.V. rooms be cleaned with?
c. 70% Isopropyl Alcohol
d. 90% Isopropyl Alcohol
19. What three components are needed to bill a pharmacy claim?
a. Member ID number, BIN, and PCN
b. The patient’s insurance card, BIN, and PCN
c. Member ID number, BIN, and Condor Code
d. The patient’s name, date of birth, and phone number
20. Laminar flow hoods require __ filters for use.
21. Which scales are sensitive enough to measure a 650 mg to 120 g?
a. Class A balance
b. Class B balance
c. Electronic scale
d. Household scale
22. Medicare __________ provides prescription coverage.
a. Part A
b. Part B
c. Part C
d. Part D
All of the answers to these questions, and over 500 additional questions are available in the PTCB Study Guide & Practice Exam. Download it today and ensure you are going to pass your PTCB on the first try.